Sticky Note

I'm on a blogging break, but will be checking in from time to time. Thanks for stopping by!

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Tuesday Thingers ~ Series


Today's question: Series. Do you collect any series? Do you read series books? Fantasy? Mystery? Science fiction? Religious? Other genre? Do you use the series feature in LT to help you find new books or figure out what you might be missing from a series?

Well, considering I'm somewhat starting over in this reading thing, I don't exactly have a huge collection (yet...LOL!). I love reading series books, though. Some of the series I've read/started are: Tracie Peterson's Heirs of Montana series, about a family who headed west during the Civil War; Karen Kingsbury's Redemption series (haven't read the F or S series yet though...on my list!); James Scott Bell's Buchanan series, starts out about a lawyer trying to find out who killed his fiance.

I've also read parts of other series that I want to finish: Tracey Bateman's Westward Hearts series and Drama Queen series, Julie Lessman's The Daughters of Boston series, Cindy Woodsmall's Sisters of the Quilt series, and Susan May Warren's Mission: Russion series.

Of course there are others that I am wanting to start, but I won't list them all. These are all Christian fiction. I haven't dived into enough general market to know what I'd want to read yet, so we'll see on that (I'm open for suggestion!). I like historical, suspense/mystery, and chick lit the most.

I didn't know there was a series feature in Library Thing! I'm new to LT so I'll have to check that out.

Be sure to check out more responses to Tuesday Thingers!

4 comments:

  1. I've not read any of the series you mention. I'm always on the lookout for good Christian fiction. So far I've not really enjoyed anything I've tried.

    Love your blog design. It's so pretty!

    Shana
    Literarily

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed the Drama Queen series, especially the second book! I have a review up on my blog on it.

    I replied to your comment on my blog, by the way (The birth plan)!

    God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have really enjoyed Tracey Bateman's Westward Hearts series and can't wait to read the third book in the series.

    If you enjoy cozy mysteries then I suggest The Cottage Tales of Beatrix Potter series by Suan Wittig Albert...I love them. They are really sweet, charming, cozy mysteries.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just "discovered" Tracie Peterson and will look for the Heirs of Montana series.
    I read the first book in Daughter's of Boston series and loved it!

    ReplyDelete