Sticky Note

I'm on a blogging break, but will be checking in from time to time. Thanks for stopping by!

Thursday, October 9, 2008

Booking Through Thursday ~ Meme




This is my first time participating in Booking Through Thursday! Here we go!


What was the last book you bought?
The Shack by William P. Young

Name a book you have read MORE than once
I don't usually read a book more than once...too many new ones I want to read!

Has a book ever fundamentally changed the way you see life? If yes, what was it?
Well, the Bible of course. Other than that, I couldn't say there has been any one particular book that has greatly changed me, but many books I've read have got me thinking and probably subtly changed how I view things.

How do you choose a book? eg. by cover design and summary, recommendations or reviews
All of the above! (But not "professional" reviews...they usually irritate me.)

Do you prefer Fiction or Non-Fiction?
Right now - fiction, but I like non-fiction too.

What’s more important in a novel - beautiful writing or a gripping plot?
Hmmm...well even if the writing is beautiful, if the story is completely boring I just can't get into it. So I'd say gripping plot. Can I have both? :o)

Most loved/memorable character (character/book)
One of my all time faves is Little Women.

Which book or books can be found on your nightstand at the moment?
I'm a read-one-book-at-a-time kind of girl. And I don't keep them on the night stand...I have a book shelf near my bed and they stay there til I'm ready for them. :o) I just started Forsaken by James David Jordan, but I have The Shack and Spanish Bow ready and waiting. I do also have some little devotionals I read daily occasionally (right now they are Beth Moore devos).

What was the last book you’ve read, and when was it?
I just read one I don't recommend so I'll say the one before that was Home Another Way.

Have you ever given up on a book half way in?
Yes, but not very often.


Be sure to check out other responses at Booking Through Thursday!

1 comment:

  1. hey thanks for stopping by my blog ... and for the comments. I love Francine Rivers ... and while I stay away from saying "Oh, you have to read this book!" most of the time (because I hate when someone says, 'why did you like that book?') I break my own rule on that all the time with Redeeming Love ... in truth, I regularly tell people to bump it to the top of your list, you won't be sorry!
    Anyway, The Shack is on my 'to read' list ... as are about 100 other titles.

    Blessings!
    amy

    ReplyDelete