Sticky Note

I'm on a blogging break, but will be checking in from time to time. Thanks for stopping by!

Saturday, October 18, 2008

Read-a-Thon Top Ten

Softdrink over at Fizzy Thoughts is hosting a mini-challenge. We're to come up with a read-a-thon top ten list (like Letterman does).

In my various blog hoppings while cheerleading for for the 24 Hour Read-a-Thon readers, I encountered a wide variety of books and personalities. So fun! (I tried to comment on every reader's blog. At least the ones that I could, providing links worked and they allowed comments. If I missed anyone I apologize!)

But I also got tickled at the "other stuff" going on in people's lives during the read-a-thon. So my top 10 list is about that. (Too bad I didn't know about this earlier...I would have paid more attention!)

Top 10 Distractions from Reading

10. Kids with fevers (hugs for those of you dealing with this one!)

9. See ya! I'm going to a party!

8. My fiance showed up unexpectedly. No reading for me! ;o)

7. Can't read...I got a hair appointment!

6. I'm attending a library conference.

5. Hubby invited a bunch of people over to watch the game!

4. Gotta walk the dog, and other dog...matters.

3. I'm HUNGRY! And by gosh I'm going to stop reading to EAT!

2. Helping hubby winterize a boat. (I think it was a boat?)

And the number 1 distraction from reading:
1. There's a marching band playing outside on the street!


Disclosure: Yes, these were all real distractions from our readers. I know there were more, but I couldn't think of them. AND...for those of you these apply to...please know I mean this in all fun and good spirit. I thoroughly enjoyed reading your blogs and cheering you on!

And the great thing is, the readers had these distractions...yet they read on anyway! Way to go!

Good luck with the rest of the read-a-thon!!!

(Updated to fix one of the items.)

9 comments:

  1. LOVE this! Great community builder! (I want to go find out about that boat....)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great! It's like a recap of the read-a-thon!

    Marvelous job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for dropping by my blog earlier Sunny! Did you find something to read in Spanish? It doesn't matter how rusty your language skills are, I say go for it anyway ;)

    All the best

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. My distractions were my blog not letting me or any co-hosts log in, and my son calling to say he was hit by a car! Yes, seriously, hit by a car! I thought my heart would never start beating again. He's ok, though. The car backed into him and the only thing that was really hurt was his hand, which is badly bruised.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL. Those are great!
    Thanks for stopping by to cheer me on.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL I saw the post about the marching band, that was just hilarious!

    Great list :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Isn't it funny how, despite the best of plans to read all day, sometimes life happens? :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I knew I wouldn't be able to do the read-a-thon this time because of the Frankfurt Book Fair, but maybe next time!

    ReplyDelete