Sticky Note

I'm on a blogging break, but will be checking in from time to time. Thanks for stopping by!

Monday, February 9, 2009

Awards!

Over the past couple of months I have received three awards for my blog! Wow! I'm actually really behind on posting these. So here I go catching up...

One of them is the Butterfly Award from Kelly at Enroute to Life




The rules for passing on the award are:

1. Put the logo on your blog.
2. Add a link to the person who awarded you.
3. Award up to ten other blogs.
4. Add links to those blogs on yours.
5. Leave a message for your awardees on their blogs.

Kelly (and Alyce who gave her the award) chose to give the award to blogs that she clicks on immediately when there are updates, so I'll follow along with that. But I'll have to leave out ones that were also on their lists. (And yes, Alyce, I also think it's funny to give a grammatically incorrect award to book bloggers!)

So I give the Butterfly Award to (in no particular order):

Tami at Tree Swing Reading
Debrah at Books, Movies and Chinese Food
Amy at My Friend Amy
Janna at Cornhusker Academy
Rel at Relz Reviewz
Jenni at Conversations With My Hairdryer

I'd also love to give it to Kelly and Alyce since I love their blogs, too.



The other award is the Premios Dardos award that I got from NoBS and from Sally at Book Critiques!


This award acknowledges the values that every blogger shows in his or her effort to transmit cultural, ethical, literary, and personal values every day.

The rules to follow are:

1) Accept the award, post it on your blog together with the name of the person who has granted the award and his or her blog link.

2) Pass the award to 15 other blogs that are worthy of this acknowledgment. Remember to contact the bloggers to let them know they have been chosen for this award.

For this award I chose (in no particular order):

Kelly at Enroute to Life
Alyce at At Home With Books
Deena at A Peek at My Bookshelf
MJ at Creative Madness
Wendi at Wendi's Book Corner
Katrina at Callapidder Days
Jennifer at Quiverfull Family
Lindsey at A Kindred Spirit's Thoughts
Kara at Ramblings and Writings
Karla at Another Road to Ramble
Ruth at Bookish Ruth


The third one I received is the Let's Be Friends Award from Karla at Another Road to Ramble!


Here's the criteria:

These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers. Deliver this award to eight bloggers who must choose eight more and include this cleverly-written text into the body of their award.

I'm going to cheat a little and give this to all my followers because I appreciate all of you and have enjoyed getting to know you through your blogs too!

Alyce at At Home With Books
Anna at Ask Anna...
Kelly at Enroute to Life
Lisa at Book Lover Lisa
Jenni at Conversations With My Hairdryer
David and Carole at Honduras and Beyond
Lindsey at A Kindred Spirit's Thoughts
Wendi at Wendi's Book Corner
Ruth at Bookish Ruth
Twiga at The Twiga Blog
Shannon at Confuzzled Books
Erika Lynn at Kiss My Book

And if I could I'd give it right back to Karla.



I tried not to give the awards to anyone who has already received it, but if you have then consider yourself doubly noteworthy!

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your awards! And thanks so much for passing them on to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your well-deserved awards!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww...you are absolutely a DEAR! Thank you sooooo much! I've missed you! We totally need to catch up!

    HUGS

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! I appreciate it!
    Tami from treeswing reading

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much! I'm a bit behind in blogging - but thanks for thinking of me.

    ReplyDelete