Sticky Note

I'm on a blogging break, but will be checking in from time to time. Thanks for stopping by!

Saturday, February 14, 2009

Faith 'n Fiction Saturdays ~ The Love of God


It's Faith 'n Fiction Saturday! I have kind of been slipping on these, not getting mine in, but here I am today!


Happy Valentine's Day everyone! Since it's the day of love and all, what better time to focus on the Giver of Love? Besides the Bible, have you ever read a book that taught you, reminded you, or encouraged you about God's love for you in a new or deep way? It can be fiction or non-fiction.

Hmmmm...well Amy said Captivating by John and Stasi Eldredge and I would definitely agree with that. Off the top of my head I would say as far as fiction I think Sweetwater Gap by Denise Hunter reminds us of God's love. The main character thinks she's not worth much and I think we tend to do that to ourselves but maybe not take as extreme measures (don't want to spoil it for you if you haven't read it!).

For non-fiction I think Believing God by Beth Moore is the first book that really opened my eyes to a deeper relationship with God, and therefore his love.

Edited to add:
Oh! And of course The Shack!! I can't believe I left that one out. I think it's fantastic (as long as you remember it's fiction).

2 comments:

  1. Oh yes! How could I have not mentioned Believing God? I was in a rush to do my post.
    Sweetwater Gap is on my TBR list.

    ReplyDelete