Sticky Note

I'm on a blogging break, but will be checking in from time to time. Thanks for stopping by!

Friday, October 31, 2008

7 Random Bookish Things

I've been tagged by Karla over at Another Road to Ramble. Since this meme has been floating around a while, she decided to give it a twist and came up with 7 things about her that are book related. Great idea!


Here are the rules...



Alright, 7 random bookish things about me:

1) I have a very red-neck unique book thing case in my office. It is a make-shift desperate attempt to get my books out of boxes where they can be useful. It consists of long random boards stacked on top of cynder blocks. Oh yes, we're stylin' here! And right now it's a complete mess. (It was organized very nicely at one point but, well, kids happen. Not that they are completely to blame. *blush*)

2) I have a very tidy book case in my bedroom next to my side of the bed. It is one I bought recently at Target and I LOVE it. It's very neat and orderly and it holds MY books. No kids allowed!

3) My husband is not a book addict in the least. He says he'd rather live it than read about it. To each his own (because we all know that we are living it when we read it!). All I can say is, opposites attract!

4) I don't think I've ever read any classic that wasn't required reading for school/college (even though I always enjoyed them when I did). I started to read Pride and Prejudice a couple months ago but was too exhausted after the first couple of pages and I took it back to the library. I know it will still be there when I'm good and ready for it. (Don't throw things at me!) Wait! Wait! This one is not entirely true...I loved, loved, loved Little Women and it wasn't required reading.

5) I used to read Danielle Steel when I was in high school. And Stephen King. And John Grisham. The former two were probably not the best material for a young, impressionable mind. Oh, and the books are ALWAYS better than the movie.

6) Apparently I make facial expressions when I read. Tell me I'm not the only one!

7) I get a rush when I open the mailbox and there's a book inside! It's like crack! Well, not that I've ever experienced crack...but you know what I mean. Don't tell me you're not the same way!


So there you have it. And now I'm tagging the following people for 7 random bookish things:

Andi @ FROMMIPOV
Kalea_Kane @ Enroute to Life

2 comments:

  1. I did it!!!!! Yay!!!! I thought my husband was going to string me up, because I was taking a while there. :) HUGS

    Kelly

    I totally am a face maker when I read too, and apparently also when I blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just posted. But didn't pass it on to specific folks :). I make faces ALL the time, and LOL while reading too!

    ReplyDelete