Sticky Note

I'm on a blogging break, but will be checking in from time to time. Thanks for stopping by!

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Wyn's Sunday Meme

I was tagged by Kelly from Enroute to Life, who was tagged by Jewelz of Reviewz by Jewelz, who was tagged by...well...it all seemed to start with Wyn from Wyn is Reading Books!

Here's what she says:

I would like to know what people keep close by their computer for books. So I was thinking that I would start a Sunday feature of my own that includes tagging 4 other bloggers, not necessarily book bloggers. My meme is:

1. What book is on the left hand side of your computer or closest to the left hand side?

2. Are you reviewing it, is it your favourite, or is it there for some other reason and specify.

3. Go to page 38 and write down from the 2nd paragraph, the first 4 sentences.

4. Tag 4 friends and pass them this avatar.




Well, actually the book that is to the left of me is Enoch by Alton Gansky (I just finished it!). But since that happened to be the very same book that Kelly did, I'll cheat a little and use the next closest book to me.


This one is The Best Christian Short Stories edited by Bret Lott. I picked it up at the local used book store recently and thought I'd give it a try. I haven't gotten far into it yet, so I can't say how good it is or isn't.


Now for page 38. There is dialog right there, so I'll do my best...

"I've been thinking," Craig said when he came up. "You're my father, too, you know? Not just hers anymore."

Wilf lifted his cap and wiped back the sweat. "That's true in the books," he said.




Oh hey! What a good teaser! I haven't read that far yet but now I'm interested.

And to tag 4 others:

Well, I'm in a rush so if you're reading this, consider yourself tagged!

1 comment:

  1. OOOOH Sunny, you are right that is a very good teaser! I am dying to know what you thought about Enoch, but I don't dare ask yet. I'm almost done.

    ReplyDelete