Sticky Note

I'm on a blogging break, but will be checking in from time to time. Thanks for stopping by!

Monday, June 22, 2009

Musing Monday ~ Borrowing Habits


Today’s MUSING MONDAYS post is about library borrowing…

Do you restrict yourself on how many books you take out from the library at a time? Do you borrow books if you already have some out? Do you always reborrow books you don’t get to?


Lately I haven't frequented the library but when I do I only check out 2 or 3 books at a time(even though they allow up to 10) because I don't want to feel overwhelmed or pressured to get them read right away.

I don't generally check out more books if I already have some checked out, but if I've been waiting on a book I'll certainly get it anyway.

If I have a book that is due and I haven't finished with it yet, I love that I can call (or go online) and check it out again without making a trip to the library. This also works nicely when I realize that the book is due rightthisminute and I don't have time to run to town. :)

And I hate to admit it, but I have checked out books before and re-checked them out twice then finally returned them without having read them. *blushing*

8 comments:

  1. Our habits are very similar. Isn't it great having the library online?! Most times, I already know what books I want and if they're available by looking online.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the online renewal feature too! Not sure how I would feel about a limit on how many books can be checked out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have done the same thing checked out books, renewed them, brought them back and I did it all over again without reading it. I am not a fast reader and I have four kids. Sometimes I want to read them but just can't! Here. is my Musing Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I've been guilty of the renew and never read. Don't feel too terrible. It's all about intention, right? :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. My library system is online. LOL!! I just don't use it. Mine

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love my library's online system. I will even put the same book I have out on hold, so that when I return it, I can get it again!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My library has the online system which I use for DVDs. I love it!

    ReplyDelete